Updated: Nov 16, 2020
With everything going on between the stress of school, the election, and the ever-changing progression of the pandemic, it is important to take a step back and check in with the state of your mental health. We have put together some of our favorite tips for you below:
1. Take a break from the virtual environment
- Connect with your families or close friends and participate in activities (while practicing COVID safety measures)
- Spend time with yourself, for example doing hobbies that you enjoy like reading, meditating, art, cooking, etc.
2. Remember that your physical health reflects your mental health
- Whether going to the gym or a walk around the block, engaging in physical activity can help relieve stress and boost endorphins
- Be conscious of what you’re putting in your body. Eating healthy and drinking water can keep you energized and focused
3. Seek help from others when needed
- Do not feel bad about seeking help from others, knowing that you need help is a strength not a weakness.
- Many universities are reaching out to their students and providing a support system through free virtual counseling and psychological services.